Ephesians 1:17-21 Amplified Bible (AMP)
17 [I always pray] that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may grant you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation [that gives you a deep and personal and intimate insight] into the true knowledge of Him [for we know the Father through the Son]. 18 And [I pray] that the eyes of your heart [the very center and core of your being] may be enlightened [flooded with light by the Holy Spirit], so that you will know and cherish the [a]hope [the divine guarantee, the confident expectation] to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the[b]saints (God’s people), 19 and [so that you will begin to know] what the immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of His [active, spiritual] power is in us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of His mighty strength 20 which He [c]produced in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His own right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion [whether angelic or human], and [far above] every name that is named [above every title that can be conferred], not only in this age and world but also in the one to come.
- Proverbs 4:7 says “Getting wisdom is the most important thing that you can do!” (The Living Bible)
- The knowledge of Jesus is defined in the text as wisdom! “… [that gives you a deep and personal and intimate insight] into the true knowledge of Him [for we know the Father through the Son].…”
- Do we truly know and believe the grace and power that is in our life the unmerited favor because of Jesus act on the cross?
- Do we know how much we are loved?
- Jesus knew He was the beloved son of God! Do we know that we are the beloved sons and daughters of God?
- Focus on Jesus and see Jesus, know He is with you and loves you deeply, trust in His active power in your life!
- This is key for us to achieve victory through Christ!