Great post on Joseph Prince Ministry site! I believe that there is also an audio and video sermon of this.
Here are my notes and takeaways:
- Whatever situation we are in, all we need is the Lord. It is not dependent on anything other than the Lord Jesus. Jesus fulfills our needs.
- Jesus needs to become the focal point of our life.
- Don’t focus on the gifts/things and what we want but focus on Jesus and being in His presence.
- David did this (Psalms). David was concerned that he could remain in the presence of the Lord (Psalm 51:11).
- The Lord however in the New Covenant will never leave us or forsake us (Hebrews 13:5), so we do not have to have this concern like David.
- Don’t focus on the issue or what we want or need, focus on the fact that Jesus is bigger than the problem or need. Like David did when he faced Goliath.
- When the Lord is with you, you will be a success (Genesis 39:2). It doesn’t matter what our standing is in life. Consider what Joesph’s standing was when the Lord said he was a success (Genesis 39:1). He was a slave!
- Even Potiphar recognized that the Lord was with him (Genesis 39:3).
- While Martha focused on the past and the future when she spoke to the Lord about Lazarus being dead, Jesus focused on the present (John 11:25).
- The present help of the Lord, the focus on the Lord led to Lazarus being brought back to life.
- Reminds me of when the Children of Israel were on the edge of the Promised Land.
- 2 of the spies focused on God (Joshua and Caleb) and His ability to give them the Land
- 10 spies focused on the giants and other aspects of the Land that seemed like great obstacles to them (Numbers 13:27-33)
- Cultivate the Lords presence as you would a friend or spouse (Colossians 3:6)
- In the presence of the Lord there is rest! (Exodus 33:14, Matthew 11:28)
- What we have in Jesus is unshakable and unchanging.
- Jesus is wisdom (1 Corinthians 1:30) (Proverbs 3:16 – wisdom has two hands. right hand length of days, Left hand riches and honor)
- Jesus is righteousness (1 Corinthians 1:30)
- Jesus is sanctification (1 Corinthians 1:30)
- Jehovah-Jireh (Genesis 22:1–14) – the Lord, Jehovah is Jireh. Meaning Jesus is provision, prosperity and supply.
- Jehovah-Rapha (Exodus 15:26) – Jesus is healing, Jesus is health!
- Deuteronomy 30:19–20 …therefore choose life, that both you and your descendents may live…and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days…
- The Lord Jesus is length of days, the Lord Jesus is life