2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity or cowardice or fear, but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of sound judgment and personal discipline [abilities that result in a calm, well-balanced mind and self-control]. (Amplified Bible)
- Fear has no place in our hearts as believers!
- Read Romans 8:15
- Consider our status as “joint heirs” with Christ, our sense of His love for us (Read: 1 John 4:18)
- Read Ephesians 3:17 – 19
- We have a spirit of power! I can do whatever I need to do in life through Christ! (Philippians 4:13)
- We have a spirit of love! (Romans 5:5)
- Through the Holy Spirit we have a sound mind. Strong’s Concordance says that “sound mind” here is discipline and self-control. We also have the promise of peace (John 14:27).
Meditate on these bible verses and incorporate them into your prayers. This will cause fear to dissipate.
- Father I thank you that I do not have a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power of love and a sound mind!
- Father I thank you that I have the peace of the Lord Jesus Christ according to his promise and I receive this peace right now in this situation that I face.
- Abba Father, I thank you for your love for me and pray that I may have a fresh revelation of this love and of the knowledge of my place as a joint heir with Christ. I know that you go with me into this situation with me right now. In this knowledge let me not be fearful but bold and full of wisdom and a sound mind!