For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.
- Righteousness is a GIFT.
- Why is it so difficult to believe that if we could become sinners through Adam, that we can become righteous through Christ?
- In Egypt, On the night of the Passover, when God saw the blood, He caused the Angel of Death to pass over that household.
- The only thing that the Isralites did was to follow the direction and paint the door posts with the blood
- If we believe this story, why is it so difficult to believe that we are righteous through Christ?
- It’s not when the angel sees the family’s good works, it’s when it sees the blood!
- The blood of Jesus gives us the security.
- Jesus is the measure of our righteousness.
- Seek intensely to be righteousness-conscious everyday, know that you are righteous through him!
- Whenever we are self-righteous, we are an abomination.
- He who condemns the righteous is an abomination to God.
- What if you condemn yourself? You are condemning the righteous when you condemn yourself?
- Don’t we do this when we feel we don’t have enough to accomplish something?
- When we think we are unworthy or can’t do something we are called to do?
- Those are the attacks of the evil one (1 Peter 5:8-9) who we are called to resist!
- Let’s choose to be conquerors through Christ Jesus (Romans 8:37-39)!