The Lord Jesus Christ alone is our all in all! As Isaac Wimberley says, “hope has a name, joy has a name, peace has a name, love has a name and that name is Jesus Christ. Praise his name forever!” Jesus alone unlocks the promises of God! Our heart has been moved to rename the blog, “Standing on the Sacrifice of Christ.” This replaces the old name of “Standing on the Promises of God.”
When we accept the Lord Jesus into our life, we have God’s favor. That is because at the cross Jesus took all our sins, faults, failings, everything that displeased God upon Himself. How big and great a factor our Lord Jesus is in our lives, when we let Him! I am convinced that one of the battles of faith in our lives is to see the greatness of our God and Lord Jesus, to see and know that God surpasses anything and everything that we face in life. That we need to see Jesus and His greatness and not the problem! Because of Jesus all the blessings of Heaven are raining upon us and blessings are chasing us down (Deuteronomy 28:2). The key is our faith in this, our belief in this. Remember, because of Jesus, we are no longer ourselves but have Christ’s identity. We are now a new creation. God’s favor gives us an advantage. With God’s favor the impossible things will become possible. We read in Matthew 19:26, “But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible”.” The key ingredient to unlock the favor of God in our life is faith and belief in Christ. Simply look to Jesus because He is the answer and the end of your struggles. God has a place and a plan for each of us. It doesn’t matter how difficult a situation or how bleak it looks, just look to Jesus and know that He has the answer and that all things are under His feet! God has a beautiful future for each one of us. We can even find comfort in Job. He did not have Jesus to look to, but put his trust in God. In this manner, whatever we are facing, let us put our trust and our hope in the finished work of Jesus!
The book of Job runs 42 chapters. We do not know how long Job’s suffering lasted, but we know that it was more than a week (Job 2:13), and possibly months (Job 7:3). There is no question that Job went through great suffering. Before his suffering, the bible says that he was the greatest of all the people of the East (Job 1:3). What did he lose, what happened to him?
- His oxen and donkeys were stolen by the Sabeans and his servants killed (Job 1:13-14)
- Fire from heaven came down and burned up his sheep and servants (Job 1:16)
- The Chaldeans took his camels and killed more of his servants (Job 1:17)
- The house where Job’s children were was blown down, and all his children and the people who were with them died except one. (Job 1:18-19)
- Job got boils from head to toe (Job 2:7) and he turned black with fever (Job 30:30)
What was Job’s wife’s reaction to this? “Then his wife said to him, “Do you still hold fast to your integrity? Curse God and die”!” (Job 2:9). Did Job get negative, did he get down, and did he curse or blame God? No, his faith and trust remained with God! It says in Job 10:12, “You have granted me life and favor, And Your care has preserved my spirit.” Job remained faithful to God in the middle of the storm, in the middle of difficulty. At this point I am sure that Job didn’t see an end to his troubles; he didn’t know what God’s plan was for him, yet he remained in faith. Job wasn’t restored until the 42nd chapter. He was restored because he remained faithful to God. “11 Indeed we count them blessed who endure. You have heard of the perseverance of Job and seen the end intended by the Lord—that the Lord is very compassionate and merciful (James 5:11).” What was the restoration of Job?
10 And the Lord restored Job’s losses[a] when he prayed for his friends. Indeed the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before. 11 Then all his brothers, all his sisters, and all those who had been his acquaintances before, came to him and ate food with him in his house; and they consoled him and comforted him for all the adversity that the Lord had brought upon him. Each one gave him a piece of silver and each a ring of gold. 12 Now the Lord blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning; for he had fourteen thousand sheep, six thousand camels, one thousand yoke of oxen, and one thousand female donkeys. 13 He also had seven sons and three daughters.
Let us not fear, worry, or fall apart. Let’s remain and abide with God. Let’s carry ourselves with confidence, not because of what we do or have but because of who we have, Jesus! Let’s always remember and declare in our prayer life and our whole life, the favor of God, not because of anything we have done, but because of what Christ has done. God’s vision and plan for us will be accomplished.
Exodus 12:1-14 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
The Passover Lamb
12 Now the Lord said to Moses and Aaron in the land of [a]Egypt, 2 “This month shall be the beginning of months for you; it is to be the first month of the year to you. 3 Speak to all the congregation of Israel, saying, ‘On the tenth of this month they are each one to take a [b]lamb for themselves, according to their fathers’ households, a [c]lamb for[d]each household. 4 Now if the household is too small for a [e]lamb, then he and his neighbor nearest to his house are to take one according to the [f]number of persons in them; according to [g]what each man should eat, you are to [h]divide the lamb. 5 Your [i]lamb shall be an unblemished male a year old; you may take it from the sheep or from the goats.6 [j]You shall keep it until the fourteenth day of the same month, then the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel is to kill it [k]at twilight.7 Moreover, they shall take some of the blood and put it on the two doorposts and on the lintel [l]of the houses in which they eat it. 8 They shall eat the flesh that same night, roasted with fire, and they shall eat it with unleavened bread [m]and bitter herbs. 9 Do not eat any of it raw or boiled at all with water, but rather roasted with fire, both its head and its legs along with its entrails. 10 And you shall not leave any of it over until morning, but whatever is left of it until morning, you shall burn with fire. 11 Now you shall eat it in this manner: with your loins girded, your sandals on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and you shall eat it in haste—it is the Lord’s Passover. 12 For I will go through the land of Egypt on that night, and will strike down all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgments—I am the Lord. 13 The blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you [n]live; and when I see the blood I will pass over you, and no plague will befall you [o]to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt.
Feast of Unleavened Bread
14 ‘Now this day will be a memorial to you, and you shall celebrate it as a feast to the Lord; throughout your generations you are to celebrate it as[p]a permanent ordinance.
- Beginning of Months (Exodus 12 vs 1)
- Passover season is a new beginning
- Passover is the first month of the new year
- Jewish people have spiritual and civil calendar
- Civil calendar begins in September.
- When you put your trust in Jesus it is a new beginning
- 10th of the month to take a lamb – 1 lamb per house
- When God sent His son He meant for your entire family to be saved
- Because of your belief there is an open door for all heaven to flow into your family, despite what they think of your faith. Don’t be discouraged or disheartened. Because of you, your parents will see Jesus.
- Thief on cross only said, Lord Jesus “remember me” and he was saved. It doesn’t take a lot to be saved. Only believe and you will be saved. This does not mean it wasn’t costly for us to be saved.
- If lamb is too big for house share between houses
- The lamb is too large for the house
- Jesus is too big
- Jesus has more resources than you have problems
- Jesus has answers before you have questions
- When He fed 5000 He made too much food, there were 12 baskets full left over
- Like the catch of fish that Peter experienced, it is a wonderful day when you call for help because the blessings of God are too big
- If God blesses someone else it doesn’t mean you get less. God has enough to bless everyone.
- Your heart doesn’t need to be stingy, be a giver, be a blessing. This will enlarge your heart to be able to receive more from God
- Exodus 12 Vs 5 – Lamb without blemish
- It has to be perfect since it is a symbol of Gods son. He was perfect, therefore the lamb must be perfect
- Male of 1st year is cute and adorable – why doesn’t God choose a mature lamb?
- God made lamb stay with them. Taken on 10th and killed on 14th
- The lamb bonded with the children
- On 5th day, father has to kill it
- God gave us His adorable son to dwell with us
- We beheld His glory
- Jesus was examined 5 days in the temple before He was crucified and no fault was found in Him
- Exodus 12 Vs 7 – Blood on door posts
- Blood on door posts and lentil – sign of the cross
- It is not inside but outside the house
- God sees it not family
- It is for God to see
- We need to have faith and believe in the blood
- Vs 13 – God pass over when he sees blood
- Not when He sees good family name
- Not when He sees works
- Jews had covenant with God but still needed the blood
- Not about you or what you do, it is about Jesus
- Eat meat roasted in fire (Exodus 12 vs 8-9)
- Mixed multitude that joined the Jews that night
- Egyptians joined the Jews that night some were saved
- When Jesus hung on cross He carried everything (all our sin, transgressions, etc)
- Jesus bore wrong doings,
- God’s fiery indignation fell on Jesus at the cross
- If we feel guilty it is wrong since Jesus already was punished for what we did wrong. It fell on Him for every single sin.
- For us to take our sin on ourselves is for us to try to become our own Savior. This is pride.
- Psalm 105:37 – “He brought them out with silver and Gold and there was none feeble.”
- If the Israelites can have that, how much more can we have who have the true lamb of God, the Lord Jesus – none sick amongst us
- We should have super health and super prosperity.
- Is there a promise of prosperity?
- Yes, He brought them out with silver and gold!
- There were those in 80s and 90s, but none feeble. God renewed their youth like the eagles.
- Exodus 12:10-11 – eat belt on waist, sandals on feet and staff in hand
- What does this mean?
- How we are to take the Lords supper
- God is saying to Israelite’s “Get ready to get out of Egypt (physical deliverance)”
- Every time you take Lord’s Supper are you expecting your physical deliverance?
- How we are to take the Lords supper
- What does this mean?
- Exodus 12 (vs 14) – Jesus walked into temple 5 days before He was crucified
- He was examined and found without blemish
- Jesus took Passover on an earlier night (this was allowed)
- He was arrested after this and taken to temple on Passover morning
- Jesus died on Passover
- As Passover lamb was brought to temple up a ramp to altar by Priest, Jesus carried the cross up to Golgotha
- Jesus fell as He fell so that we could raise higher
- Priest tied the lamb to the post at 9 AM at same time Jesus was nailed to the cross
- At this time there was a loud blast of the Rams horn
- All in Jerusalem knew lamb was bound
- At noon darkness fell over the earth (noon-3 pm). This darkness is recorded by Chinese historians
- At 3 PM Priest carried knife up to the lamb and killed it
- At 3 PM end of darkness Jesus cried “it is finished”
- At same time the Priest cried “it is finished”
- Rams horn was sounded
- When rams horn was sounded all Jerusalem knew that the lamb had died
- The Rams horn is the preaching of Jesus, proclaiming you have been redeemed by Jesus
- Jubilee starts the moment the Rams horn is sounded – debt is cancelled
- All sin is cancelled by Jesus death – you have truly been redeemed
- You have no right to feel guilty, judge yourself or others
- Stop complaining and look at all the blessings, receive the gift of no condemnation for yourself and others
- Be more merciful
- We judge others by their actions but we judge ourselves by our intentions
May He grant you out of the riches of His glory, to be strengthened and spiritually energized with power through His Spirit in your inner self, indwelling your innermost being and personality, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through your faith. And may you, having been deeply rooted and securely grounded in love, be fully capable of comprehending with all the saints God’s people the width and length and height and depth of His love fully experiencing that amazing, endless love; and that you may come to know practically, through personal experience the love of Christ which far surpasses mere knowledge without experience, that you may be filled up throughout your being to all the fullness of God so that you may have the richest experience of God’s presence in your lives, completely filled and flooded with God Himself.
This word is so full and covers so many facets:
1) Because of our faith, we humbly look to Jesus in every situation of life. We know that He is greater and more powerful and is the key to master every situation. He is the one true way and answer to all that life brings. He loves us with an everlasting and faithful love, great is His faithfulness. He alone provides and brings strength, energy and power through His in dwelling in our hearts. In and of ourselves we are lost, but with Christ we are more than conquerors, we are in fact the victors!
2) When we look to Jesus and Him alone, we personally experience the never ending love of Christ and the Father in our heart, soul and mind. This love is perfect and it casts out all fear. The key is to see the risen Lord and His power and might, not the circumstance that we face.
3) Since God is love the more we experience His love for us, the more Gods presence and power expands in our life. Never feel you are alone or forgotten, turn to His word, turn to Him in prayer, turn to Him in thought and meditation, and see Him answer in a powerful way!
I hope that these verses, these promises of God over us all, encourage you like they do me. Please feel free to add additional verses in the comment section.
6 For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.
7 The Lord did not set his affection on you and choose you because you were more numerous than other peoples, for you were the fewest of all peoples. 8 But it was because the Lord loved you and kept the oath he swore to your ancestors that he brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the land of slavery, from the power of Pharaoh king of Egypt. 9 Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments. 10 But
those who hate him he will repay to their face by destruction;
he will not be slow to repay to their face those who hate him.
11 Therefore, take care to follow the commands, decrees and laws I give you today.
12 If you pay attention to these laws and are careful to follow them, then the Lord your God will keep his covenant of love with you, as he swore to your ancestors. 13 He will love you and bless you and increase your numbers. He will bless the fruit of your womb, the crops of your land—your grain, new wine and olive oil—the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks in the land he swore to your ancestors to give you. 14 You will be blessed more than any other people; none of your men or women will be childless, nor will any of your livestock be without young. 15 The Lord will keep you free from every disease. He will not inflict on you the horrible diseases you knew in Egypt, but he will inflict them on all who hate you.
6 For the Lord your God will bless you just as He promised you; you shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow; you shall reign over many nations, but they shall not reign over you.
“Now it shall come to pass, if you diligently obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe carefully all His commandments which I command you today, that the Lord your God will set you high above all nations of the earth. 2 And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the Lord your God: 3 “Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the country. 4 “Blessed shall be the fruit of your body, the produce of your ground and the increase of your herds, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flocks. 5 “Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl. 6 “Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out. 7 “The Lord will cause your enemies who rise against you to be defeated before your face; they shall come out against you one way and flee before you seven ways. 8 “The Lord will command the blessing on you in your storehouses and in all to which you set your hand, and He will bless you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you. 9 “The Lord will establish you as a holy people to Himself, just as He has sworn to you, if you keep the commandments of the Lord your God and walk in His ways. 10 Then all peoples of the earth shall see that you are called by the name of the Lord, and they shall be afraid of you. 11 And the Lord will grant you plenty of goods, in the fruit of your body, in the increase of your livestock, and in the produce of your ground, in the land of which the Lord swore to your fathers to give you. 12 The Lord will open to you His good treasure, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season, and to bless all the work of your hand. You shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow. 13 And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath, if you heed the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you today, and are careful to observe them. 14 So you shall not turn aside from any of the words which I command you this day, to the right or the left, to go after other gods to serve them.
23 If you return to the Almighty, you will be built up; You will remove iniquity far from your tents. 24 Then you will lay your gold in the dust, And the gold of Ophir among the stones of the brooks. 25 Yes, the Almighty will be your gold[a] And your precious silver; 26 For then you will have your delight in the Almighty, And lift up your face to God. 27 You will make your prayer to Him, He will hear you, And you will pay your vows. 28 You will also declare a thing, And it will be established for you; So light will shine on your ways.
29 When they cast you down, and you say, ‘Exaltation will come!’ Then He will save the humble person. 30 He will even deliver one who is not innocent; Yes, he will be delivered by the purity of your hands.”
7 “I will declare the decree:
The Lord has said to Me,
‘You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.
8 Ask of Me, and I will give You
The nations for Your inheritance,
And the ends of the earth for Your possession.
I will extol You, O Lord, for You have lifted me up, And have not let my foes rejoice over me.
2 O Lord my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me.
3 O Lord, You brought my soul up from the grave; You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.[a] 4 Sing praise to the Lord, you saints of His, And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name.[b]
5 For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning.
8 Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him! 9 Oh, fear the Lord, you His saints! There is no want to those who fear Him. 10 The young lions lack and suffer hunger; But those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing. 15 The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, And His ears are open to their cry. 17 The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles. 18 The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit. 19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the Lord delivers him out of them all. 20 He guards all his bones; Not one of them is broken.
7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
33 But whoever listens to me will dwell safely,
And will be secure, without fear of evil.”
He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.
Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion.
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.
fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, And the day of vengeance of our God; To comfort all who mourn, 3 To console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.” 4 And they shall rebuild the old ruins, They shall raise up the former desolations, And they shall repair the ruined cities, The desolations of many generations. 5 Strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, And the sons of the foreigner Shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers. 7 Instead of your shame you shall have double honor, And instead of confusion they shall rejoice in their portion. Therefore in their land they shall possess double; Everlasting joy shall be theirs.
7 “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, And whose hope is the Lord.
8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river,
And will not fear[a] when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit.
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.
2 Esdras 2:20-32
Do right to the widow, judge for the fatherless, give to the poor, defend the orphan, clothe the naked, Heal the broken and the weak, laugh not a lame man to scorn, defend the maimed, and let the blind man come into the sight of my clearness. Keep the old and young within thy walls.
Wheresoever thou findest the dead, take them and bury them, and I will give thee the first place in my resurrection. Abide still, O my people, and take thy rest, for thy quietness still come. Nourish thy children, O thou good nurse; stablish their feet. As for the servants whom I have given thee, there shall not one of them perish; for I will require them from among thy number. Be not weary: for when the day of trouble and heaviness cometh, others shall weep and be sorrowful, but thou shalt be merry and have abundance. The heathen shall envy thee, but they shall be able to do nothing against thee, saith the Lord. My hands shall cover thee, so that thy children shall not see hell. Be joyful, O thou mother, with thy children; for I will deliver thee, saith the Lord. Remember thy children that sleep, for I shall bring them out of the sides of the earth, and shew mercy unto them: for I am merciful, saith the Lord Almighty. Embrace thy children until I come and shew mercy unto them: for my wells run over, and my grace shall not fail.
1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
2 Corinthians 9:6-12
6 But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. 9 As it is written:
“He has dispersed abroad,
He has given to the poor;
His righteousness endures forever.”[a]
10 Now may[b] He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness, 11 while you are enriched in everything for all liberality, which causes thanksgiving through us to God. 12 For the administration of this service not only supplies the needs of the saints, but also is abounding through many thanksgivings to God,
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
26But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;
And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
2 Peter 1:4
4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.