Thought and Meditation: “I declare that we will experience God’s faithfulness over our life. We will not worry or doubt, only trust. God will not fail us.”
- Worry is a negative/satanic force in our lives.
- Other words for worry are: anxious, troubled, fear.
- Fear is the root. Jesus said that to worry is a waste of time (Matthew 6:25-31).
- Anxiety, and fear will cause us to loose our focus on Jesus, in times like this our decisions and thinking can become clouded and we can make the wrong choices. The Israelite People made the wrong choice when Moses was on Mount Sinai receiving instructions from God and the Ten Commandments. In the 32 Chapter of Exodus we can read how they built the Golden Calf and made plans to return to Egypt. Rather than wait and trust they devised their own plan.
- The cause of worry and fear is a failure on our part to trust in God.
- We fail to understand and focus on how much God and Jesus loves us (1 John 4:18)!
- A reliance on our works (works of the flesh) and not Gods work.
- Trusting God allows us to enter a place of perfect rest and peace. This is a place where we can enjoy our life in all circumstances, guided by him and waiting upon him (Hebrews 4:9-11).
- This does not mean we are passive in our life.
- How do we learn to trust in God?
- We focus on Jesus (Hebrews 12:2). Focus on His love for us! Focus on the power and might and greatness of his sacrifice and how it makes us whole in all areas of our life!
- Jesus invites us to follow Him and to leave a life of worry! Matthew 11:28-30 (Message Version) says, “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”
- Meditate on his word/focus on His promises. Meditate on the 23rd Psalm or other scripture. Declare the promises of God over your life.
- Be comfortable not knowing the answer or outcome. What we know is that we are in God’s hands and that God knows the answer and is guiding our course.
- Focus on the good in our life.
- We can come to a place of disappointment when all we focus on is the problem or situation. It becomes even bigger than it is in this way. We no longer see the grace and blessing in our life which often far outweighs the difficulty.
- Prayer- we need to ask God. James 4:2 (NLT).
- We also shouldn’t underestimate the power of prayer (James 5:4).
- Will we worry?
- Are we going to worry or praise and worship God? Worship and praise leads us into God’s presence. Worry allows the enemy to torment us.
- Are we going to worry or have faith and trust in God?
- Are we going to worry of obey God’s word and trust in his promises?
- Are we going to worry or be a blessing in someone’s life? When we help others we sow a seed into the kingdom, which brings us joy, peace and refreshment.